Saturday, October 6, 2007

The long road ahead...


This is what I see at night when I drive home from school. At this point, this little puddle jumper I'm driving has 170k on it and still going strong...

I have to interject here...as I sit here, we just finished dinner with my brother and his wife...Kevin asked...what are you doing? I said, posting on my blog...to which my brother replied...well, at least there's no hole in my pants, but the night is still young! Laughter erupted in the room...only faithful bloggers will get that joke...you remember the big hole in Kevin's pants right? (my 40 something brother is now sitting with green jelly beans up his nose...)

Anyway, so Friday I was driving home and it was one of those perfect nights where the temperature neither feels hot nor cold and there was no wind. It didn't even seem as if my sun roof was open. I looked up to check it. The sky was a beautiful navy blue and the stars were very sparkly. There were intermittent small gray clouds that looked as if they had been hand painted. If only I had a camera that would photograph that and save it for posterity. I had on the new Kenny CD, and had to look up and admire God's handiwork at least 10 times....(while driving 80 on I-43) probably not the best decision ever, but I'm still safe:) It was such a serene moment. I was grateful to have had a nap that day and wasn't even feeling exceptionally tired. The road ahead seems long at this point...wrought with a lot of changes...a new job, another new internship, licensure, etc. I get through it a week at a time and so far so good. I love the learning, I love the work. It's hard to believe I'm just about half way done. If the second half goes as fast as the first half, it won't really be a long road at all.

No comments: