Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter wonderland and other beauties...

The first real snowfall arrived today. I walked out my front door to a winter wonderland...
How beautiful is that? I actually had left the house, realized I forgot my camera, decided to go on without it, but then realized I had forgotten my snow scraper, and there was no way I was heading anywhere without that! So...back home I went to get the snowscraper and the camera :) I often wonder if my neighbors think I'm stalking them...especially when I stop the car, roll down the window, and take pictures! The roads were actually very clear and I was able to do the speed limit all the way to work. The only hazard was the large mounds of snow left by the plows often in the intersections, oh...and...the hazard to the mailboxes. Ours didn't fare too well... I actually consider this a small price to pay, since it took my husband a looooong time at 4 AM to get the drive and walks shoveled and snowblowed. He even scraped my car and put it in the garage to warm up when he was done. What a lovely bonus that was!
Other very beautiful things I have had the joy to experience lately are 1) more time with this little one...











who is just getting bigger and sweeter every time I see her.
Time with this little one...
who was so excited to get her first advent calendar from her Grammie!
And then there's these two...
Finally, a good picture of them together...teasing and poking fun at each other (as usual). My big girl and her Gramma.
I'm off to study for finals finish a few school projects and then enjoy a month off school and two weeks off work. Only 7 days to go!



No comments: