Monday, August 30, 2010

So Glad I Did...

Yesterday was one of those nagging mornings when there were a million other things calling my name, that did not include going to church. Little did I know this week was a week I had looked forward to for months. After much discernment, I drug my behind in and sat in the last pew. WHAT AN AMAZING DAY IT WAS!! My former pastor's son was at church playing the bagpipes. This is by far my all time favorite. The Amazing grace rendition brought so many tears as I remembered all too well, my pastor's funeral. Along with that we had an amazing 5 year old congregation member who won 1st place in BMX nationals...AT 5!!! Then, we sang What a friend we have in Jesus (a song from my wedding) AND It is Well...which is at the top of my all time favorite hymn list. The fall calendar came out, filled with opportunities to serve. The message was wonderful as well...speaking about peace, and God knows I need a bit of that right now. I left church and stopped in the cremation garden. I shared a little prayer with my pastor that his son was in the house today and how proud he would be of him...I also chatted a bit with my dad...to update him on the latest happenings with the grandbabies. Just when you think it's not the day to go...drag your butt in. If you're like me, you'll be so glad you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way most Sundays. Even when I really don't want to leave the house, I do feel refreshed after going to church.