Sunday, January 2, 2011

December Daily - December 24th


As is the tradition, my famiy celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve. We have usually had a big dinner at our house, but in the past few years, I have found that this makes it difficult for me to enjoy the evening and also leaves me with a huge post holiday mess. This year we broke from tradition and went to JMK Nippon for dinner. It was a little different because we had to arrange our budget to afford it, as well as our celebration was cut a bit short since no one showed up for hors d'ovres, but instead all met at the restaurant. I'm hoping next year to move up the gathering time so we can all spend more time together before dinner. Stephanie and Kristina weren't sure they liked the change, but everyone else responded positively. Perhaps we'll try it again next year and see if it will become a new Ruchus tradition!

No comments: