Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday...

I'm feeling a bit unaccomplished in my tackling so far this week. I'm not sure if emptying the TIVO counts for anything, especially since I don't have the TIVO emptied yet AND I'm kinda tired of watching TV! I have found cement on the basement floor however somewhere under the world's most enormous load of laundry...but there is still MUCH, let me tell you MUCH to be done! I did work a bit today, and went to a meeting at my second job which was quite productive...but really today...I'm just not feeling the tackling. I think it could be the 95 degrees and the 4000% humidity. I ventured outside for a brief moment to water my flowers (in the shade, under a tree) and came in drenched. Instantly drenched! I couldn't have been out for more than 5 minutes. Let's just say that if this keeps up the cleaning of the garage is being removed from the agenda. (sigh)

Tomorrow is the hubby's birthday and to celebrate we're going to Magic Waters. I'm gonna need at least two cans of sunblock 90 to get through the day, I'm sure. Earlier today I asked him what type of cake he wants. Two hours later still no decision...

3 comments:

j said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

Emptying the TIVO made me giggle - I don't know if that counts either :D

We went to the beach Monday and used a BUNCH of sunscreen and still wound up with a little bit of pink skin. Apply the stuff liberally! It's just so darn hot out there.

Kim Arden Horta said...

I make a check list so that I can have a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. That is the first column. The one next to the first is for all the things I find myself doing (picking up, making appts., putting away stuff, catching up with a friend or cousin:); it all counts and is just as important! I remember doing you laundery. It gave me great satisfaction to help you in that way. Wish I was there to give you a hand. There's always going to be something on "the List" to do, so don't be too hard on yourself. Plenty of time to be the perfect housekeeper after the kids leave! Enjoy the moments you have with them; they whiz by pretty fast. Love ya, Kim

Jacque said...

I think everyone I know has helped me with laundry at some time or other...perhaps some day it will be caught up!