Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I love Facebook...or do I?

I love facebook I really do. I find myself drawn to it oh....let's just say too many times a day. But here's the thing...just about all of my friends are on facebook. And we are all religious facebookers...but I do believe that all this facebooking (is too a word) has come at a cost to our blogs. No longer are my favorite bloggers posting every day...but they are facebooking a few times a day. I can no longer check in on their details of every day life...I only get the one line status on facebook. Which most times I'm happy with. I sure miss my good ole blog buddies: my blog cries, my blog joys, and just...hey how ya been blog buddies. I think it's time to search out a few new bloggers to read...and to narrow down my list to the faithful bloggers that I have grown to love

On to other news...my sonshine is 15 today. Again...listen...15! Did you hear that? I did discover today perhaps for the first time that having a 13, 15, and 16 year old in the same house may be more than I can take. It does make me wonder what I was thinking 18 years ago when we decided to have our children so close. I thought they would be buddies and playmates and friends...sadly I thought wrong. We are in the throws of sibling rivalry or sibling hate or sibling wish harmful things on each other or whatever you'd like to call it, but it is less than pleasant. It is very obvious for me that my absence over the past 3 years has had an impact. It is definitely time to relearn table manners, polite behavior, how to follow rules, and for Pete's sake how to pick up after yourself. Notice I didn't even mention the smart mouths or foul attitudes. I'm hoping that just goes away in time...perhaps when they have children of their own back talking them (I know...my mother's voice is coming out of my mouth!) I definitely have my work cut out for me...in 2, 4 and 5 years these socially inept beings will be on their own. God help us all. Creating responsible adults out of teenagers has got to be bumped to the top of my priority list. It's odd, when I would think about them becoming teenagers, I imagined this utopia where my house would be picked up, they would help with laundry, yard work, and the like...and they'd happily say yes mother to anything I asked. WAKE UP YOU DREAMER!!!! TIS NOT SO!!! Don't get me wrong...I love them with every ounce of my being...every one...but there are days...let's just say...there are days...and leave it at that ;)

The sonshine is having his party on Friday night and my graduation party is on Saturday. Sunday is the big girls choir concert and Monday the Mama leaves for Arizona. I was kind of thinking life would slow down a bit...but I haven't felt it. I'm grateful to be happy, employed x 3, married to a great guy and the mother of three cantankerous teenagers. This is the life...

No comments: