Monday, July 21, 2008

Dangling the carrot...

I was interested to see how long my precious one would chase the carrot. Last year her school sent home applications for kids 12 - 18 to apply for a summer job...corn detassling. For some of you those two words remind you of hot days, bugs, mud, friends, aching, and yes money...the proverbial

'carrot'. I tried to convey to the precious one just what hard work corn detassling is, but to no avail. It took her two days to get the message loud and clear. The first day...not too bad. The second day...pouring, I mean torrential pouring rains right before they went into the fields. The second day was a long day 5:30a - 3:30p in the heat, the sweat, and the mud...lots of mud...I only wish I had taken a picture of her legs covered in mud up to her knees. Guess what...today she stayed home. The enticement of the carrot has faded. Tomorrow she has trombone and a game...so no corn tomorrow, but Wednesday...she believes she'll return to carrot chasing.

Note to self...be careful when shutting the garbage lid...you just never know when it will get caught on your skirt!

Finally, weekend update...Saturday...school, then met the hubby for lunch on the dl (that's down low for all you folks without teenagers) for us...that means lunch without kids. We both ate for $20. What a bargain. Lunch for 2 is much less than lunch for 5...go figure. I cut my nephews hair and ran lots of errands...lots. Sunday...played hookie from church and spent my day with this precious one... I was missin her so much!! I finally got around to cleaning my kitchen but have yet to shine my sink... I even got the kids to help...not with the kitchen of course, but with other chores. Ran more errands trying to get Steph ready for her trip with my bubba. Hard to believe that's Saturday already. A week without her...and planning a big surprise. More on that later...

Today....the beginning of a crazy busy week and looking forward to scrap night with the girls on Saturday. Another carrot.

Until next time...

No comments: