Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Like water off a duck's back...

The goal for today....shake it off. Do you have days, or perhaps weeks, or lifetimes, where it feels like you gotta shake a lot off? Like water off a duck's back? For instance, lack of loyalty? Self centeredness? Fighting the system? Crazy dysfunctional family members? There are times by God, when all of that craziness can surely be a little much. And really, there are real people in this world, with real problems, real...life threatening problems and situations and somehow they manage to get through life happy as a lark. Ok, maybe not happy as a lark, but with a darn more grateful attitude than a whole lot of people that have the world handed to them. Typically, I am not the 'rant' kind of person...but today....thank you for listening...I'll try to be sunshine and smiles tomorrow, but for today...would some of my family members puleeeeezzzz get their heads out of their A**es long enough to realize all that you have, not the little that you don't?

The rest of us would be eternally grateful...

:rant off:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could agree more with this post. It must be the end of summer that is bringing this on. My extended family has gone crazy too and I keep thinking "what is your problem?" It's not worth a fight, so I just ignore it, but it's hard. We're all so lucky, but they don't see it.