Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sleep is for the weak...

That thought has been my mantra lately unfortunately. Tonight I planned on my big girl getting home about 10. Well, she arrived about 8 after I just destroyed the kitchen making zucchini bread, ate corn on the cob, the remnants of which were still in my teeth, and generally our house was in the worse case of CHAOS (Can't have anyone over syndrome) that it has been in for quite some time...and I look out the front window and there is my brother, his wife, and my big girl pulling in the driveway...two hours early. Yeeeeeeesssssiiiiirrrreeeeee....I am sure they'll want to come in to sit down. Now...where did those chairs go? Oh yes, there they are covered with laundry that is waiting to be folded. Well, lets head them off at the pass and offer them a lawn chair...yes a lawn chair...good idea and let's pray and light a candle that they don't ask to use the bathroom. We'll even offer bug spray being the great hosts that we are, in the event of a mosquito attack. Yes...I was the worst hostess ever...I didn't even have anything to offer them to drink. I mean milk doesn't really count right? So...we chatted in the driveway...my new spot to host guests...and here it is 9:30---they headed to the hotel and we are going to meet for breakfast in the morning in a much cleaner INDOOR restaurant with comfy seating that has a full range of beverages. Perhaps they could build a restaurant next door to my house and I could accommodate guests there? I don't know...maybe someday I'll be done with all this crazy schooling, working, interning, and kid raising and the house will be clean. Oh wait...I vaguely remember days without interning, working, schooling, and kid raising and I seem to recall the house wasn't much cleaner back then. Hmmmph...back to the drawing board. I think this week I'll make a valiant effort at shining my sink...

So...back to sleep is for the weak...it is now 9:45 pm and here I sit on the computer...why? Cuz SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!! I'm going to start the laundry that should have been done this morning, finish reading the paper...also a task from this morning, clean up my dinner dishes...and get up at 5AM with my happy face on ;)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to steal the CHAOS idea. I'm sure it will come in handy often.