Monday, July 20, 2009

Random acts of kindness warm my heart

I almost forgot this little piece of blog fodder with all of my other McDonald's posts last week. As I was begrudgingly driving to Chicago last week for training, I treated myself to McDonald's breakfast. On Thursday, I pulled forward to pay for my food and the McDonald's lady said to me...the lady in front of you paid for your food and said to have a nice day..."Really? Well, have a nice day I shall" said I. Isn't that just the best?!? I've heard of such random acts, but I have never been fortunate enough to be the recipient of the McD's random act. It made my day. Thanks random lady that bought my McDonald's.

Now onto a few tasks being completed around the Ruchus house...This bush has been annoying my Mr. Ruchus for about the past 10 years. It has only recently begun annoying me, because it's filling the gutters up with gunk, subsequently adding more to the honey do list that never gets done. So...my brother is helping us out around the house, so we bumped this task to the top of the list...




Can you even believe how crazy big that bush was?!?
Of course, once we got the bush down we discovered that it has also nearly destroyed a piece of our siding. More for the honey do list...and more on that later :)
I just had to share this funny story compliments of my great nephew. When we got out of the van at church on Sunday...the bells were playing a hymn. My great niece and nephew promptly started dancing... My great nephew said, "I hewd this song at my Ganny's at Cwistmas time!" I love him...I loved that they went to church with me and I got to see them dancing their hearts out without reservation. I need to change my title...random acts AND kids warm my heart :)

No comments: