Sunday, July 5, 2009

You gotta try this place!

If you are looking for a terrific summer getaway, might I suggest Kenosha, Wisconsin? I am fortunate to have a brother who lives there, whose birthday happens to be July 4th, who happened to invite us up for the weekend. Here's the thing... Kenosha has so much to offer, at such a relaxed pace. I thought I'd share just a few of the more than 300 photos I took over the last 4 days, to share with you the splendor that is Kenosha...First, the lake front, is beautiful...with parks, gardens... and of course fabulous beaches... The downtown area near the waterfront is filled with quaint shops and restaurants...where you can dine outside and enjoy the fresh air...
In Kenosha, they still have Mr. Softee trucks! AND they still serve the best rainbow sprinkle cone :)
You can take a trolley ride for free on the 4th, other days it's 50 cents...
You can enjoy the view of the yachts in the marina...
and visit several museums, most of which are free...
This is the view from the Kenosha Public Museum...
, and the Anderson Arts Museum...where the architecture is as lovely as the art...
There is an endless array of things to do there. I mostly enjoy biking, the beach, riding the trolley and of course the rainbow sprinkle cones! What a wonderful weekend...

1 comment:

Kim Arden Horta said...

Sorry to have missed out but maybe next year? Had a lovely time with Deb and Sarah and little Isabella. Oh my gosh is she cute! She is of course collicky but adorable with reddish blond hair and big blue eyes. Sarah had to have her gall bladder out on tues. so I was glad I was there to help with baby.Mother and baby are doing nicely after a risky delivery and surgery 2 weeks later. Deb is the most beautiful grandma I've ever seen and I am so happy to have a great niece now too. Dylan of course is just growing too fast and is so smart. It was great to see so many relatives. Love your Kenosha details. I've always wanted to go.I have fond memories of Wisconsin. Love Kim