Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1 - 10

Got nuthin today...nuthin...so I decided to bloglift this from Jen, who blog lifted it herself...ah yes...the fine art of bloglifting :)

10 Whimsical Thoughts about Me

1. Thinker or Doer? Ummmmm, both. Unfortunately my doer can never catch up with my thinker. Really, if the todo list was ever complete, I wouldn't know how to act.

2. Have you ever performed in public? Did you like it? Yes, I performed in public a lot and I loved it. I performed in dance recitals, piano recitals, twirling competitions and with the twirling team in high school. I would suggest that the baton team was my favorite. And yes I liked it a lot. Perhaps that is where the love of watching my children perform has come from...

3. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want one? No and positively no. Here's the thing with Tattoos. I have seen perhaps 2 or 3 that I actually thought were pretty, but then I picture them on an 80 year old wrinkly woman and the desire quickly passes. There is really no desire to get one...none. Let me see poke needles with ink into my skin. Definitely no.

4. What is your favorite museum? I would have to vote for the Milwaukee Public Museum. They have and IMAX theater there and an amazing butterfly museum. When we were there last my son was amazed that so many huge and beautiful butterflies would fly right over and land on him!

5. Are you good at keeping secrets? Does it make you uncomfortable to be asked to keep one? What kind of secrets? Like she's dying and let's not tell her secret? or a surprise birthday party? I'd for sure have to say that I'm not very good at keeping secrets. Planning any kind of a surprise is really hard for me, but thank goodness I have the hubby to blab to cuz he is really good at keeping secrets ;) I guess since I'm not very good at keeping them, not too many people share secrets with me...thereby giving me no reason to be uncomfortable.

6. Can you play any musical instruments? What do you wish you knew how to play? I can play the flute. I learned to play in school and when my daughter started playing I was amazed that I can still play quite well. I have always wished to play the piano and the 12 string guitar. I took piano lessons for a short time as a child and for a time as an adult, but it just never really sunk in. The whole base clef and left hand just doesn't work for me. Perhaps I could be a one handed piano player? The 12 string guitar I've been in love with since church camp days. I had an amazing camp counselor there who would play her 12 string guitar at night and it was so beautiful.

7. Whose voice do you find soothing? Definitely God's. When I am still enough to hear it. As for Earthly folks...my mom's as long as she's not mad! my husband's, and my kid's.

8. Do you sleep on the left or the right? Well, first you'd have to tell me which way your facing. If you're standing at the foot of the bed I sleep on the left. Strangely when I'm at a hotel I sleep on the right. Hmmmmmm.

9. Other people's biggest misconception about me? Not sure here. I guess you'd have to ask other people. I do know that some people who have worked for me have been 'afraid' of me, which I think is so comical. REALLY? Afraid? Be afraid....be VERY afraid! NOT!

10. Do you have anyone's autograph? Why yes...yes I do, and thanks for asking! I am the proud owner of autographs of Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. The Tim autograph my daughter got at the very first concert I took her to. Tim sure did pull her up on the stage where she sat at his feet while he sang 3 songs AND gave her his autograph! I had to tell her that it's only down hill from here! Don't plan on the stage seat for every concert! The Kenny Chesney one came on a CD I bought on line. Sad but true. With over 10 KC concerts under my belt, still no autograph :(

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm sure you're a doer! You're always 'in operation'. Look; Jacque, you manage to post each day!
You can believe me, I'm the perfect thinker. The one who plan to do this and that, but wait for the last minute to do my obligations.