Thursday, September 18, 2008

A few giggles from the trenches...

I had this little ditty to share with you from labor day weekend and surely forgot. When we went to visit my brother in Kenosha...my sister had a new car. I said, "I didn't know you got a new car" to which she replied, "I didn't...my car is in the shop being fixed." Hmmmm...to make a long story short...her neighbor was backing out of his garage and was frightened by a spider in his car. He lost control and crashed into her car causing $3500 !!!! worth of damage! Can you believe it? I'm pretty sure that's arachnophobia at it's finest :)

OK, then, those of you that know me well, know that I CAN NOT watch someone fall without laughing hysterically. (Most of my family members now need therapy because of this) Anyway... I was sitting in the middle of this very serious research meeting in Chicago...when one of the RA's got up to refill the water pitcher...one minute she was there, the next minute...flat out on the floor. Because there were tall office chairs along side the table, I didn't see the actual fall...I only saw her disappear. And then...reappear after she gained her composer a bit. Up popped her head..."I'm alright" she said. OMG...how on Earth do I not laugh?!? I had to use the tactic one of my professors taught me to use when dealing with clients who say something hilarious, but it is not appropriate to laugh..I bit my lip...and hard. AND, I didn't laugh. WHEW! Really...this is what I would have rather done...watch this...

Finally, yesterday I had a million...literally, a million things to do. Of course I got home and forgot to drop off my copies to be made for the class I had to teach last night. I hurried and dropped them off, then hurried back home to make dinner quick before going to class. I got out of the car and told my husband, my car stinks...somethings wrong with it, I mean it stinks bad...do you smell that? "Ummm, yes" he said, "that smell would be your brakes...could you perhaps drive slower and use your brakes less?" Oh, I see...point taken....nevermind.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that would be me too!!!! LOL...I HATE ANY TYPE OF SPIDERS!!!

Krishana said...

WOW...I could just not stop laughing at that video. You see, it is TOTALLY hereditary. ;p

Anonymous said...

ok miss jacque...i had a horrible spider dream last night! super BIG spiders crawling on the wall!!!! yikes! i need help! LOL this is the second spider dream i had!!! argh!