Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank God for Cameras...

So, I thought I'd sit down to add my weekend in review via pictures...and as my pictures popped up on the computer I was all...oh yeah! oh yeah! and that! awwww too cute! Anyway...I just love pictures. There are so so so many moments in life that would go unremembered (is too a word!) without pictures. So...here's the weekend in review...


First off Friday and Saturday, I had school...My friend Carlene and I are carpooling and that is terrific; A few more minutes to spend chatting, despite our crazy busy schedules. Meant to take a picture of us, but sure forgot! Saturday, in the midst of the non stop, never ending, flood producing rain...(but I'll quit whining cuz it's nothing compared to Ike) Anyway...I got the mail and found this!! From my friend Catherine...in France...I commented that I would love a set of aqua uno cards...and she sure sent them! Thank you so much Catherine...Stephanie opened them in the car...and Catherine had even wrapped the present in wrapping paper that had French writing on it... We just thought that was the coolest thing ever. Thanks SO much! Ok, now...we have to figure out something cool from the US to send to your kids...let me know if you have anything in mind, ok? So...we got the errands ran and then I had a fabulous nap...I mean fabulous...a rainy Saturday afternoon, what could be better? Saturday night I went out to dinner and a movie with my friends. I cannot recall the last movie I have seen in a theatre and really, I think it was 3 or 4 years ago that we all went out to see the 'Stepford wives' (which was awful) We saw Women this time and I loved it...it wasn't an Earth shattering, best movie of all time type movie, but it was good enough and I really enjoyed myself. We laughed and commiserated with each other and Ms. Shannon and I got to catch up with our crazy Sophomore daughters. We caught up on the doings of all things family and it was terrific.
Sunday morning I finally headed back to church. It was the first visit back for me after Poppy's funeral it was difficult at best. I pretty much cried through the last half of the service, but I was glad to be back. I picked up the last plant from the funeral while I was there (the one that was too large to fit in the car after the funeral) and stopped in the memorial garden to say hello to Poppy. His name has been added to the grave marker. It was a fitting rainy day...
The best part of this day was that I got to spend some time with this precious girl! Can you believe how big she is? She surely has her 2nd birthday coming up and is a toy story fan just like my Brennan. I am now on the search for all things toy story for the baby girl. I gave her one of Brennan's old Toy Story sheets and she was all a dither. Aubrey's Mom and I were talking about Aubrey looking like Stephanie when she was little, which I agree is true...but if you look at this picture...you can definitely tell these girls are related! They could sure be sisters! My kids so love Aubrey and she loves them. I love that they have cousins close that they can love on! My cousins always lived far away so it involved trip planning to see them. My girls especially love taking care of the little ones! Brennan doesn't appreciate babies so much, but he has come to love Aubrey, especially when she is yelling B-E-N-N-A-N!!!! At the top of her lungs! He calmly replies..."yes Aubrey?" To which she has no reply...she just wanted a little attention from her cousin! Finally, I thought I'd share this for your viewing pleasure. For lunch yesterday, I made ravioli, green beans, and garlic bread. Aubrey especially loved the garlic bread!

Until next time...

4 comments:

HeatherPride said...

Cute photos! I would love to see a movie in the theatre that wasn't animated, for once!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Without photos, I'd hardly remember our girls' first year!

Catherine said...

Little Aubrey is so cute and funny. I was looking at the video, and suddenly, I realized I had a spy in my back. Gabriel (4 years old) was watching her too, and when the video stopped, he asked me to see her once more.
I was wondering what had you spread on the bread slice except garlic. My Gabriel would have done the same with Nutella, for sure.

I'm happy you get the cards so quickly. And really happy to send you a little surprise from France. I haven't done it to receive something else in exchange. Offering little things is a great joy for me.

My big son (do we say 'big' as in big sister/brother?) had Toy Story sheets too when he was a little boy. They'll become Gabriel's one, as you've done. Toy Story is one of my favorite cartoon. We're waiting for n°3. Maybe not as good as the 2 previous.

Stephanie Joy said...

excuse you mother of the corn. i do believe that you forgot to mention me in this. is there a way to edit this?? and add a photo credit in? ask around. i always bother people on that. but forserio! PHOTO CREDIT PLEASE!!!! i took that pic. and my name is no hwere around it!