Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday...

Yesterday was my birthday... It was also Bluey's birthday...he's 8 I'm 26. Ok, maybe I'm not 26---we have a lot of goings on at my house right now...so my birthday took the back burner a bit...My mom true to form, got me some new terrific work clothes that I so desperately needed and made my favorite dinner...chipped beef on toast last night with a delicious salad. It was so yummy! We had ice cream cake and it was nice... There is a new cell phone on the agenda for me...since my current phone loses its charge after about 3 calls and turns off whenever it feels like it! I got many well wishes from my friends that warmed my heart and my scrap club celebrated my birthday at our last crop night. My brother sent me beautiful flowers and I got many many text messages and calls yesterday. My big girl's birthday is Sunday....Sweet 16. Oh the hoopla! She is spending the day at Great America for Fright Fest tomorrow...grateful this rain is on it's way out! She's trying hard to get her driver's lessons finished up...she has 1 and 1/2 left to go. I have a nervous stomach about the whole driving thing, but at 16 I think you have to trust that you've raised your children well and that they'll make good choices. There has definitely been changes between 15 and 16 with the amount of socialization-- but my big girl always keeps school and her responsibilities in the forefront (with the exception of chores of course!) But I figure she'll have her whole life to clean her own house...she'll either do it or she'll have a messy house. Oh well...I'm blessed to have such a terrific daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! My Mom often wonders why I never kept my bedroom in her house as clean as I keep my own house.