Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm enjoying the practicing...

13 collective years in daycare. 13 collective years of being closed 3.5 days out of those years. 1.5 days due to weather and 2 days due to flooding (in the center) -- Since I am actually going to work in a school soon that goes by the school calendar, I am practicing having Monday off. You see...I went through the calendar for the rest of the year and wrote into my 09 calendar all the days I will have off. I noticed some of them were Mondays. Now...all you teacher's out there, don't get your panties all in a bunch, I know you work hard...I'm not debating that, but here's the thing... Monday's off? Really? It's like heaven!

Stayed up late last night...got up early (If you call 7:00 early, for me that's sleeping in) this morning and kissed my kids before they went to school...had some breakfast, took a shower, did 3 loads of laundry, took down the tree, read all my blogs for the day, reviewed my school board packet, read two chapters, checked my email, watched 3 shows on TIVO, and now have to run to watch Y&R...it's only 11:00!!! Oh how I love Monday's off.

Although...I'm not really off. I have to be at my internship at 2:00 - but really for me...it's like a whole lot of time off, and I for one, can't get enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The early bird gets the worm! I have been staying up late since I work nights now. I miss getting up early. I have Mondays off as well and love it too.

Tell Kevin hello.

Tim

Tootie said...

Prayers for Mom and Happy Birthday late to the cute birthday girl. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors. :-) I wish I could send you some warm air and sunshine!

Jacque said...

Tootie,
We definitely need the warm air!! We're expecting a high of 1degree here thursday :)