Sunday, January 25, 2009

The weight of Gibralter...

It was very odd leaving my job. It wasn't nearly as traumatic as I'd thought it would be. Sad yes, traumatic no...and throughout the weekend I had the strangest sensation of being pretty much worry free...stress free...rock of Gibraltar free. It was a feeling I really didn't expect, and I guess I hadn't realized how stressed and burned out I was feeling. Change is usually really hard for me...and it has definitely been a process...a good process. Let me throw in for good measure that I finally went to the Dr. yesterday after 5 weeks of being sick, to find out I have bronchitis and a sinus infection...{shocking!} not really. Anyway, I have some lovely medicine that makes me nauseous and really don't feel one bit better yet. Hopefully, it's just around the corner...like say...maybe tomorrow when I start my new job. It would be nice to feel good then, and to not be snorting grossness all day, and to not be having hot flashes and oxygen shortages and the list goes on and on...here's the thing...let me share some photos of my last day... My baby Justice brought me breakfast... Thanks Racie!
Extra love and hugs from Z&J...here's the thing...now that I will have most no school days off with them, we'll be able to spend days together instead of 5 minutes each morning. This baby girl made me cry...she brought me a picture of herself and a picture she had drawn for me. I have always had a special love for her. Some children just get in your heart and stay there. A sweet hug from Zay... and from Emma too. Since she is my good friend Anne's baby, I'll still get to see her (and she'll still remember me) -- that's the tough thing about working in early childhood. The children quickly forget you when they don't see you. Sad but true... This baby was my special helper...she would help me pass out paychecks every two weeks... This was another baby that touched my heart from day one. Her smile always made my day...she gave me these on my final day and a digital key chain to hold all my photos of my precious babies...
Oh and don't forget the terrific potluck... It was a great ending to a great ride. I will surely miss many parts of that job...I have made lifelong friends...so...don't miss me friends...and I won't miss you...I'll still be around plenty to bug you! Thanks everyone for the gifts, the cards, the memories...it was a great ride!

No comments: