Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Swimming, High School, and work oh my...

I put in my 12 hours yesterday then rushed to my daughter's target meeting for swimming. The precious one begins practice on Thursday! I am so excited for her to be on the swim team, because well, first, she's a fish...she swims better than she walks on most days...and I think she'll really love it! I haven't figured out how to finagle my schedule to get to watch any of the meets, but I'm sure I'll figure out something. After the target meeting, we went to the walk in to get her sports physical done while I had a free moment, stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some much needed meds for her skin and finally made it home about 8:15.

I searched and searched for my corduroy pants I had washed before vacation, knowing I would relish in the fact that my work clothes were all ready to go when I got home. Now, if only I could find them. After much searching and questioning of the children as to where they could possibly be, I mean is there a hidden laundry basket somewhere with my neatly folded clothes in it? They were finally located...in.my.closet. Hmmph. Crisis averted. No need to do laundry...so I chose to go to bed...after a few minutes of R&R my sonshine bounds into my room saying, "Hey Mom! I got these papers you need to fill out by tomorrow so I can get these classes for high school." *sigh* another one in high school.

So we chose his classes and he chose not to have a resource hour, which I am not sure of, but we'll give it a go. He committed to going to after school homework club if he gets behind, because he really wants to take Art and Computer classes to work toward his chosen career of becoming a game designer. Let me check your temperature...is this my son? My sonshine? The one who I wasn't sure about? Would he actually choose a career and be motivated enough to pursue it and jump through all the hoops necessary to achieve it? Evidently! Maturity is a wonderful thing I'll tell ya. I have heard that Iowa State has a college program for students with Autism that I am very interested in checking into. I am certain he'll be successful, it may just not be through the most conventional route...since he definitely has his own will and determination.

After a long day at work...(have I mentioned that the re-entry after vacation is usually tough for me?), a target meeting, drive through dinner, drug store run, and 9th grade registration...I was certainly ready to call it a night!

1 comment:

j said...

Ah the trials of the elusive Courdoroy pants! Hiding in the closet huh? :)

I don't tag folks, but if I DID, you would be one of them (this actually makes more sense on my blog. Maybe).