Friday, September 7, 2007

Did you notice the fire trucks?

Here's my version of sleep deprivation at its finest. Wednesday night, I slept through the fire, and drove by the house Thursday morning and surely didn't notice anything different. Evidently, our neighbors house (just 3 doors down) caught fire the other night! My children tell me that cars were lined up down the block after the big event. The rather alarming part it is I slept soundly throughout the night. Now, one might think that 3 or 4 large fire engines a few houses away might wake up a person. Especially a person with two neurotic dogs. Not so! Got one of the best 5 hour nights of sleep I'd had in some time. My husband said, oh yeah, the dogs woke me up at 1:30 to go out, and they were whining and sniffing the air....hmmmmmm, maybe cause there was a fire 3 houses away!!!!! (We tend to live in our own little world, but that's OK, they know us here!) Rumor has it, that either they left their grill on, or it was still too hot when they sat it next to their house and went to bed. Of course the heat rising started an attic fire which proceeded to burn about a third of the house. (New people had bought the house of course and they'd done quite a bit of work to the place...) Everyone got out OK, and repairs are under way already. Good to know I don't have to worry about any sort of disruption to my limited sleep schedule. Grateful to know nobody was hurt.

No comments: