Wednesday, September 26, 2007

God's Glory


This is going to be my first attempt to load multiple photos, so bear with me if the typed message ends up crazy!
First of all, Brennan and I were in the car the other night, actually driving WAY out on Auburn to take my husband gas, because yes he was test driving a car and it SURELY ran out of gas!! I was so excited that Brennan wanted to go with because I haven't seen him much lately. School has been quite overwhelming for him which means he sleeps most of the time that I'm home. (More on that later) So, as we pull out of the driveway Brennan says, "Look Mom, God's Glory...Nice work God!" As my children have grown I have tried to teach them to appreciate the beauty of nature and the magnificent works that God creates for our enjoyment. So, there out of the front seat comes a result from my years of teaching an often inattentive and restless boy. (Good to know it wasn't all for naught :)) Luckily I had my camera with me and could capture it to share. So we



were off to rescue Kevin. His words of wisdom were, "The next time I test drive after 5:00 I'll drive toward the house!" I suggested he just makes sure the car has gas in it! Anyway, these other photos are the strangest thing. I believe that we are in the middle of a migrating bird pattern or something. This is the intersection of Mulford and Riverside, in Loves Park. EVERY night between 5 and 7 there are MILLIONS of birds there. The electric wires are covered, the mounting wires for the Radio Antennas are covered, and the sky is covered. I don't know what type of birds these are, but is fascinating to watch them! On this night, as the birds were flying in, Brennan and I could not see the end of the flock. For as far as you could see down Riverside, there were flocks of birds! Amazing! Last fall, they landed in our neighborhood and it looked as if we all had black lawns! We drove through a bunch that had landed in the street (ever so slowly of course) and I couldn't even see, the birds were so dense! Anyway, if you're out and about that way between 5 and 7 check it out. I don't know how long they'll be here, but it's worth seeing. The closer you are to 7 the more birds there are. Odd, isn't it?

No comments: