Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God grant me the patience to deal with my blessings

So, today my husband asked me, exactly how many hours are you working each week?....so I added it up (big mistake by the way), only to discover I am now working 71 hours per week. Does it make me tired? Not anymore than usual. Do I love it? Absolutely! I told Kevin, this is the test that makes fine steel. If we get through these 9 months, the rest will be a piece of cake. Here is what is important to know...I love my family no matter what...they are first. The end goal has them in sight as well as me. I have an abundance of blessings: husband, children, friends, job, home, pets, school, nature, music, family, extended family...and guess what! Not all of them are perfect every day, but I love them with my whole heart regardless. A few years ago when I was feeling down about my job, it motivated me to go school to move on to something bigger and better. That would be what we are in the middle of right now...on the way to bigger and better. At least that's what I keep telling myself. The folks at my internship are terrific and so far I love the work. I can't wait to dig in and learn and learn and learn...there are so many children out there that need help. What a blessing to be a part of that! I believe when I get tired I get philosophical so watch for a more sappy blog heading your way! Many of you have asked me about the Hamster Ball Derby results. I PROMISE to have the results and pics posted tomorrow, for your viewing pleasure. And so you can mark your calendars...Kristina has already begun preparation of the dogs' Halloween costumes for the upcoming contest at the local PetCo. I'm not sure the dogs are really excited, but maybe they'll come around. Oh, new to my blog this week...a terrific video of Kevin and I doing the disco-- scroll to the bottom to check it out. I've also added a list of my favs and friends. If you have a blog that I don't know about, email me and I'll add it to my list. (It makes it so much easier for me to do my day to day blogging with a link right there :) ) Thanks Sarah D and Candi for the great idea. (One must give credit where credit is due) Lastly, if you'd like, you can now post comments on my blog. Evidently it was restricted before, through no choice of mine. But I think I have fixed it and am looking forward to your comments.

No comments: