Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kenny's Poets and Pirates


For all you Kenny fans out there (none of which are bigger fans than me of course!!) The long awaited Poets and Pirates is available in stores today and on Napster if you want to listen for free :) Interested in my favorites? I love, "Don't Blink" of course that talks about how quickly life passes you by if you're not living it. Also, I love "Better as a Memory" which talks about how some people we really love are better off a memory than being in our lives. There have been some hard choices I have had to make throughout my life to weed out the really unhealthy relationships. Kenny sings... "Goodbyes are like a roulette wheel, never know where they're gonna land. First you're spinnin' then your standin still, left holdin' a losin hand. One day your gonna find someone, right away you'll know it's true, that all of your seekin's done. It was just a part of the passin' through. Right there in that moment, you'll finally understand, that I was better as a memory than as your man." I'm so grateful that twice in my life I spun the roulette wheel and ended two unhealthy relationships. That road led me to the wonderful man I am married to today.

No comments: