Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Internship Week #2

I'm moving along in my internship...met with my supervisor last night and I will begin shadowing another social worker next week so I can see how it's done. Also, my teen boys group starts next week and so I will be attending and helping out with that group for the next 7 weeks. So far the biggest challenge has been what to wear....those of you that know me, know that I own a wide array of jeans and T-shirts, none of which can be worn at the internship :). I wore the three dress up outfits that I own, (summer ones) the first week...so the clothes selection was monotonous at best! So, last night...off to Kohl's! Caught up with my Mom on the cell while I was shopping and got some good deals. Gotta love their clearance racks! Of course I had to pick up a few things for the kids, and I stalked some super cute shoes that I think I'll have to go back tonight to get. If I buy anything over $20 I have to wait a day to be sure I really want it :) AND, since I wear shoes until they are long past attractive, it's a "relationship" I'm entering into with these new shoes and that can't be taken lightly! Tonight I am taking the kids to buy them each a pair of jeans; they grow like weeds! And....perhaps some new shoes for me.

No comments: