Tuesday, December 4, 2007

So Proud of making my list and checking it twice!

This is a busy week for us, but then again what week isn't? Both of my daughter's called me this morning to find out where the schedule is and why isn't is posted on the handy chalkboard I bought for that specific reason? Ummmm, well, just too busy I guess! Yesterday I did 9 hours at Circles, 3 hours at Chasi, hurried home to get Kristina to her Christmas Program and Orff Ensemble at HHS, hurried home for her to change into her cheer leading outfit, and then headed to Hilltop Ministries where her game was to start at 7:45. When we pulled into the parking lot it seemed suspicious that there were only 5 cars in the lot. Got out my calendar and checked...Yup, Kristina cheer leading at Hilltop...7:45. Hmmmph. Called the coach? Ummmm...the game is at hill top right? Oh, she replied, you're the only mom I couldn't get a hold of. The game for tonight is canceled. Well, pray tell, what was the reason you were unable to get a hold of me? Well, I called the home #, there was no answer. Yes, that would be because I leave the house AT 5:00 IN THE MORNING!!!!!! (The word moron is viciously running through my head at this point, but I put on a smile and try to be nice) Ummmmm, say....do you have my cell phone #? Why yes, is the reply, it's right here. Great! Super! Wonderful! PERHAPS NEXT TIME YOU COULD CALL MY CELL PHONE!!!!!!! She agreed that perhaps that would be a better idea. Deep cleansing breath! I always say you don't take Lamaze classes for child birth, you take them for all the deep breaths you'll need to take over the course of your child's life. Well....it's now 8:00 pm...going on 15 hours for me...let me take Caroline home (we always have to take friends with you know) AND of course friends that live in Belvidere :) Off we went to take her home. We had a great time catching up and chatting. She is such a neat friend and comes from a great family. Her parents are both music teachers and actually act excited when Kristina brings over her Trombone so she and Caroline can play a trombone/cello duet together :) I got home, did two loads of laundry-- did not get anywhere near the TV (bummer) but did get a minute to help Stephanie with her homework. It was an intelligence exam and we had to look for most of the answers on the Internet (truly a bad sign about our intelligence I'm sure) -- but it was fun. I caught up on blogs-- still praying daily for Sandi Johnson-- and headed up to bed. Kevin was sound asleep and snoring loudly! Brennan is sick with my cold, and Stephanie is getting it.

Last night I had a minute to start my lists....one for the Polar Express night that is coming up at my school in 2 days (picture Sarah having a stroke right now!) I thought it was time to get started! The other list was to try to determine where I am at in my Christmas shopping. Today, I stopped quickly and got Gabe and Cassie done. I'm trying hard to get my out of town gifts bought so they can be on their way and arrive on time. I'm still looking for one more gift for my mom and then mom and Larry's gifts can be on their way. The shopping for the children is coming along quite nicely and they seem exceptionally easy to buy for this year. I already have lots of wrapping to do, but haven't gotten the big tree up yet. I have two clients tonight so won't be home til after 8. Hopefully, we can work on getting Brennan's old bed torn down and out of his room for Garbage day on Friday. Then the game table can go in his room, thus making room for the Christmas tree.

Today, I did sneak in a small gift for me :) A few years ago, Cassie bought me some earrings at Target for Christmas. They were my favorites of all time, and I got so many compliments on them. Unfortunately, I ended up losing one and have held on the the other all this time. Today, I thought, let me stop to see if they have another set and they did! They weren't on sale, but I bought them anyway and promptly put them on. Just as pretty as ever! Merry Christmas to me! Now, too if I lose one, I have spare. Tonight between clients, I am going to finalize my shopping list, and plan my attack. I want to finish with this Friday's payday. Then, on my 21st payday, I will buy the Christmas dinner and stocking stuffers! Whoopee! Sure am looking forward to Christmas! Ho, Ho, Ho!

No comments: