Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trying to stay caught up :)

Stephanie's Choir Concert was Monday night. Of course, my battery was low and went dead during the second number. I apologize for my shakiness...I must get a tripod for video---especially when using the zoom. The concert was terrific. They ended with their traditional "Let peace begin with me" in honor of the 9-11 attacks. The choirs began singing this song in 2001 and it is now the tradition. It is very moving with over 100 kids singing together. Harlem schools have such a wonderful fine arts program and I'm so honored to have my kids be a part of that. Kristina's first trombone concert was Tuesday--
I was a very proud mom! Grandma, Mom, Dad, Brennan and Steph all turned out to watch. She did a great job. After the concert we had to hurry home to finish up our teacher gifts, support staff gifts, and treat bags for Kristina's class. (It's my last child's last year in grade school, so the last time we'll be completing this task.) I was happy to be able to afford this, as I remember the year in the past I had $10 to buy teacher gifts for 3 kids. Talk about a challenge! I'm grateful to be able to give. Kristina worked hard putting together her treat bags...
I made the cards and assembled the teacher gifts...
The funnest part of the evening was the assembly of the almond bark pretzels. At first we thought we'll never get done with all these, and in fact we weren't done til after 10, but it sure was great. Dad was the almond bark melter, (and taste tester) , Stephanie and I were the almond bark fillers, and Kristina was the M&M placer. We had quite the assembly line going! Yummm! We made 12 canisters for the support staff at Rock Cut. Kristina said she heard one of her teacher's say to the principal..."Doesn't Kristina bring great gifts?!?" That was nice to hear. Through all of the work, we laughed and had a great family night. Check out my "green eyes!"
Last night I got most of the rest of my shopping done. I only have two presents left to get for Brennan and Arissa. I will be SO glad to be done with that and to not be shopping on Christmas Eve :) Tonight, we will make our Christmas Cookie shopping list and Christmas Eve Dinner Shopping list. This is such a good math activity for the kids. I told them, are your fraction skills ready? Because tonight we have to add the recipes and total them to figure out how much of each ingredient we will need. I bought the girls the cutest Santa aprons to wear complete with Chef's hats that say Ho-Ho-Ho (How cute is that?) -- AND, the best purchase of all, I got stacking wire cooling racks for my kitchen! Perfect for people like me with no counter space. They were 3 for $9 at Kohls which I thought was a terrific deal. (And they are non stick coated....love that!) I'm getting so excited for Christmas...Last night I finally found a baby remote control for baby girl. You know she gets real angry when I take the remote from her, so now she will have her own :) The only family concern right now is that my brother David hasn't returned my calls. If you are reading this...CALL ME! Still no news from Tracey--still trying hard to let go of that situation. But, above all that STILL excited about Christmas!! 4 days and counting...


No comments: