Sunday, December 30, 2007

Busy Saturday

We started out early yesterday to Chicago. Steph, Nina and I went to see Poppy and wish him Merry Christmas. He said to me, "Oh, was it Christmas?" :( He looked good in spite of himself and had had his first haircut in about 3 years! His hair was surprisingly darker with less gray than it had when it was long. We brought him lots of new boxers, organized his clothes to separate them from his new roommate Larry, bid Poppy farewell until next time. It seems he doesn't know who we are, but likes to have visitors for about 5 minutes :) I wish he was close to home so we could see him more often. I did find a home here willing to take him, but they were very sure that the move would be quite disruptive and confusing for him, so I chose to leave him where he's at...at least for now.

After Poppy we were off to John Robert Powers where Kristina had her acting audition. She did well, although was surprisingly shy?!? John Roberts of course is an acting school...with fees that start in the $2000 range! I told my little budding actress that if she really wanted to do that, I would pursue it once I got out of school and had a much more flexible schedule. When Steph was little and dabbled in modeling, we often got a 4 or 5 hour notice to be in Chicago for a commercial read. Ummmmmm, yeah...I just don't see that working in my life today. After graduation I plan to work 3 long days a week and perhaps every other Saturday...so that will free up some more time. So for Kristina's acting dream...not no honey, just not today. Thanks for your patience in letting me pursue my dreams first.


We headed home in hopes to meet up with Carlene, but technical difficulties didn't allow for that. Bummer...I hesitate to say I can't wait to get back to school...because I can't wait to see my friends, but I can SURELY wait for the additional burden on my schedule and time. I have so enjoyed my time off and love the fact that I still have a whole week left :) :) :)


After a nap, we all joined forces to tidy up the house before my scrap night. Before everyone arrived, I finally got the kids new computer set up that they got for Christmas. Tim is going to come to the technical part of getting it exactly as they would like it, but the first step has been taken...it's out of the box! Sarah, Candi, me and our new member Shana :) had a good time. We had Chen's (Thanks Shana for picking it up) and everyone got a lot done. Sarah is making the cutest valentine book...I will for sure need to purchase one! Candi worked on her new years cards, and Shana worked on Aubrey's first year tin that I made her for the baby girl and Stephanie worked on a Christmas paper bag book. I, well, I worked on making a new outfit for Kristina's cheer bear. (Not scrapbooking I know, but something that needed to be done and soon, so I'm glad I got started!) I will finish that today and make the necessary accessories. Sarah and Candi had ran to Archiver's and bought some new treasures. Very neat. We ended about midnight with our gift exchange. I got some really neat family themed coasters that I really love and some boy/girl chipboard people that I can use in my new love book. We planned our next night for January which is very exciting because we also have a scrap weekend planned for February. Fun!


So, what's on the agenda for this week? I have to get caught up on case notes and my billing for December at Chasi, I want to read ahead for the beginning of classes, I have a few assignments from my new internship-- VERY exciting! {more on that later}, Thursday I have clients all day, Friday I have baby girl :) (I think) and then I'm taking Zoe and Jason to Sapora playworld and out to Pizza, Saturday Kristina has practice and a game, and then Sunday we have Aubrey :) I also want to get my Family room painted this week. Perhaps today I can get to Walmart for some paint chips. I have to call the floor guy to schedule the refinishing of the scraproom and hallway, so that I can get my stuff moved (a long time goal) I really want to get the carpet cleaned on Saturday AND my new entertainment unit should be here on Wednesday I think, so I definitely want to have the family room painted by then! I need to hunt down some new wireless phone jacks to ease the wires running all over problem, but first! Today, I promised my brother I'd cook a turkey for him...so that's the project of the day.a I plan to spend the whole rest of the day reading...the newspaper, my new schoolbook, and my new project for my new internship. It is a beautiful frozen day outside and the weather is supposed to hit the deepfreeze for the next few days. Sounds like a good time to sit by the fire with a good book, or two, or three:)

1 comment:

Stacie said...

So sad I missed scrap night. But way excited about scrap weekend! Glad you had a good time.