Sunday, December 23, 2007

White Christmas, no wait Green, no wait White

I was a bit sad yesterday that it had gotten warm enough for all the snow to melt. With all the snow we've had so early this year I thought for sure a white Christmas was in order, then yesterday, well, it didn't look so promising. But wait! This morning...um yes snow, and 50 mph wind gusts...who could ask for more than that? Just kidding regarding the wind...but it sure is a lot prettier with a new layer of snow! {I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...just like the one's I used to know :) } I 'm baking my 4th dozen cookies this AM waiting for baby girl to arrive. Kristina heard the commotion and got up to join me...the house is quiet and sleepy -- that's the good part of getting up early! We did enjoy the warm weather yesterday so that Stephanie could climb up on the roof (again) and rehang our lights that had blown down in an earlier wind storm. We discovered that using last years hooks was not a good idea...they were a bit stretched out evidently and didn't hold the lights tight enough to withstand the wind. After checking 3 stores, we finally found new hooks yesterday at Target. With Stephanie's help our lights are back where they should be :) and are looking festive again! Check another thing off the list in preparation for tomorrow! Hopefully today EVERYTHING will be checked off except for a little last minute cleaning and cooking Christmas dinner...yummmmm! Baby girls daddy texted me that they're running a bit late today...guess I'll run out and get the paper :) Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: