Monday, November 17, 2008

Kick butt laundry challenge

Done! One room is done! 22 loads later the laundry room is empty. Sadly...that is not all. I am establishing a new 20 load challenge for this week: The hallway that leads to the laundry room, and then I'll begin to wash the laundry that is in the bedrooms. By then the Good Will should have gotten about 20 bags from us :) How I love to get rid of stuff. My original goal was to be "done" with the laundry by Thanksgiving. At this point....it looks like we just might make that goal.

What I super love is my front load washer that tells me exactly how many minutes each load is going to take and the fact that I still have lots of laundry soap left, even after 22 loads. It uses such a small amount for each load. Amazing! If you're in the market for a new washer...by all means get a front loader. Next on my list is one of those amazing steam dryers, and stands for my washer and dryer. I am amazed that my back and legs aren't killing me today after all those trips up and down the stairs.

The best part of all is the help I got putting it all away :) I really don't mind washing, drying and folding, but I absolutely hate putting away. Gratefully the big girl and the honey took care of most of it! Thanks!

This week will be a bit more of a challenge I'm afraid...I have a project due for school this weekend, two papers, Scrap night Saturday night, the baby girl on Sunday and Kristina is in a parade Sunday night...Hmmmmm....I'll have to do some laundry every day to reach my goal.

My new goal this week is to post basement pictures with everything clean and laundry free! Go me!

2 comments:

HeatherPride said...

I secretly keep hoping my washing machine will die so I can get a new one. We are using the one my husband bought when he was a single bachelor - no delicate cycle? Only two water level settings??? How have I survived the last 5 years????

OurWanderingAdventures said...

hahah! Loooove that it tells you the cycle time! I've gotta get going on my laundry pile today too!