Monday, April 28, 2008

60,000 dollars

Yeeeeees, today I did a bit of research on earning my PhD...and guess what I discovered. Well....I believe it will cost $60k. I'm not really sure how to break that to the dear husband. Especially since this student loan is $50k Do I really desire a 6 figure student loan?!? Really what I desire is a 6 figure income. So...now to weigh my options. I really want to teach at the college level, for which a PhD is required in most programs. Unless you teach at the community college etc., which really doesn't have the perks or retirement I'm looking for. Also, I really want to write a book or 2 or 10 and a PhD helps in that endeavor also. For real...if my kids grow up ok, I want to write a book about raising kids with wishy washy discipline and lots of love. I'd also like to write a book on resiliency, and also research the difference symptomology between ADHD and PTSD. OK, I digress. Anyway, I want to write a book, I want to teach college courses, I want to be a motivational speaker, and I want to be a Dr. Anyone got a spare $60k?

Until next time...

No comments: