Sunday, April 27, 2008

Attack of the killer lettuce

ok, so since I pride myself on exposing my family's most embarrasing moments on this here blog...I thought I'd share one of my own.

The other night I was enjoying a very tasty salad from Beef-A-Roo. The dogs of course were begging as usual so I thought I'd try some experiments. First I started with broccoli...will they eat it plain? Nope....Will they eat it with ranch dressing? Yup...Will they eat cucumbers plain? Nope...will they eat them with ranch dressing? Nope...in the midst of all this experimenting I continued to eat. Clearly, not using my best table manners I stuck a glob of lettuce on my fork and without looking proceeded to try to put it in my mouth. {Picture a piece of lettuce about 4 inches long stuck on the end of my fork} As soon as I took a bite I felt something go up my nose...I immediately started sneezing, spitting, and trying to get the enourmous piece of lettuce out that, yes, was sticking out of my nose. I also immediately began laughing uncontrollably. After finally regaining my composure I looked up from the table to see my husband and son in the den looking at me, trying to figure out what exactly was happening. It took me a few minutes to try to explain what happened (all the while nearly wetting my pants from laughing so hard). Note to self...take a minute to look before you put the food in your mouth!

Until next time...

No comments: