Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring

I can't be sure if it's really here, but it sure looks, feels, and smells like it. In the past two weeks, the state line area has gone from brown, dirty, cold and ugly to green, fresh, clean, and growing with new life. Some of the earliest flowers are blooming and the next ones (daffodils) are just waiting for a warm enough day to burst into bloom. I am tempted to say that this is my favorite time of year, but the problem with that is...every season is my favorite time of year. For me...I love spring...it is all things new. I especially love the smell of the grass and the dirt and the warm wind. I realize that most of you that live here can't smell the grass or the dirt cuz we're so used to it. However, after I had moved to Georgia for a year, I distinctly remember coming home and being able to smell the cornfields and the dirt. I really try to pay attention to those things in life and to point them out to my children. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful country with so many choices of climates. I, for now, choose to live where there are 4 seasons, and I love it! Someday, perhaps, a house on the beach will be calling my name...but for today...Spring...and loving every minute of it.

Until next time...

No comments: