Monday, February 18, 2008

Grateful for only one job today :)

As busy as my one job is, I am so grateful that my internship is closed today, so will be off there. That will give me a chance to finish my kitchen cleaning, and put away the 8 loads I did yesterday, plus perhaps wash some more today. I have my United Way grant due at work very shortly and it is the first time I have written that one. So...send positive thoughts my way that there'll be some sort of Divine assistance with the writing today :)

Our whole family went to church yesterday and it was so nice to be together. Usually I'm in the pew by myself, so having Kevin there was so nice. Brennan really seems to be enjoying youth group much better than he enjoyed Sunday School. Stephanie decided to go to church instead of youth group, so I actually had lots of company :) Our church has a youth missions trip coming up this summer to the four corners. Steph doesn't think she wants to go, but perhaps she'll change her mind. Kristina, of course, yelled from the back seat that she wanted to go. Sadly, it's only for high schoolers...she'll have to wait 2 years. We went to Beeefaroo for lunch then dropped Brennan at his tournament.

Steph has her musical coming up soon and Art's place auditions. We're not sure if Upward Bound will excuse her from the summer to go to Art's place at which point I think she's decided to choose Art's place over Upward Bound...but time will tell. It's a long story about weather UB consider's Art's place to be an educational experience...I'll not comment, cuz it probably won't be nice.

Seems the time of year when we 'need' so many things. Why are my kids outgrowing things faster than I can possibly buy them. We are hoping for taxes anyday and that will surely relieve a bit of the financial crunch. Spring and Softball will be here before we know it and I surely can't wait! I'm in the final weeks of this internship (11 weeks to go) and only 7 classes until I graduate. Although that doesn't sound like a lot it's still 42 weeks of school and 42 weekends away from home, but I am definitely feeling like it's all going to be worth it. I love my new social work work, and am also looking forward to teaching at the college level. That is definitley a passion I didn't realize I loved so much...but can't wait to get started! I can't wait for the weather to break...hate to complain but my joints and wrists and arms have been so achy. I am sure warm weather will help. I'm looking forward to Kristina being in Middle School. She wants to try out for sports and probably everything else they have to offer. She is such a passionate learner and has been such a help to her brother. His diploma should probably have both of their names on it when he graduates...cuz she is like his own little tutor!

Gotta run, and get lot's done...until next time!

No comments: