Thursday, February 21, 2008

socks...

My husband called me at work today and mumbled the word that can evoke fear in wives (whose laundry is way far behind like mine) all over the world.....socks.....no hello, no goodmorning, no where in the @&$(%# are the socks?, just ...... socks...... and sadly, I know exactly what he meant. Especially since I am wearing Kristina's baseball socks today. (Folded down of course to look 'normal', whatever that is) So, I said to hubby....what about that big pile in front of your dresser, stacked on top of the clean laundry waiting to be put away? You know the pile of about 400 odd socks that have no match? I mean really, there is an icecubes chance in you know where that you'll find a pair in there, and if your not that lucky, perhaps you'll at least be lucky enough to find two that fit you! "ok" he said, hung up and that was that. Good that he can see things my way :) I'm sure that lends itself to why we get along so well. Only 15 months to go family and we'll have matched up socks. OK, no probably not, we rarely had matched socks before grad school, so it's probably a pipe dream to imagine we'll have them after grad school.

The second topic for today is glasses. My husband must get some new glasses. He really enjoys this black pair of reading glasses, you know the half lens kind like the nutty professor wears. AND, he believes he'll get a chain to put around his neck so he will never lose them! Um, you're kidding right?!? I had to use the 'D' word in the discussion about him possibly wearing his glasses on an old lady chain. So....being the fantastic enabler that I am...let me make him an eye Dr. appointment today.

Until next time...


PS...the Jo Bro concert is tomorrow and the atmosphere in my house is just a bit over the top!!

No comments: