Wednesday, October 24, 2007

41 and Having Fun!

I had quite an enjoyable "homespun" birthday. We hung out at home and watched dancing with the stars and spelling bee. I took time to read some scrapbook magazines. My Mom and Kevin took care of the chauffeuring so that I could lounge around in my pajamas all night...really the greatest gift! My mom made me German Chocolate cake, and chipped beef on toast by request. Man was it tasty! I will soon be the proud owner of my new Tivo, compliments of my husband, I got some great 3-D cookie cutters, flowers and Halloween decor from Kristina, a card from Stephanie and some money from my Mom, Mother-n-law, & birthday club with which I will purchase my new Vera bag, the books I wanted and a new under the counter CD player. The most interesting part of my birthday, was when I went to blow out my candles...and it was time to make a wish.I took so long that Kevin said, "It's not a prayer, it's a wish!" Funny thing was...there really wasn't anything I wanted to wish for, nothing that I needed, or really wanted, besides what I already have. What a satisfying place to be in my life. :) So...I wished for .... shhhhhh! I can't tell, right?!?


The funniest thing however, was the card that I got from my Mom. I noticed that it had postage on it. Odd. Then I noticed the postage was from 2000. Ever buy a card for someone and give it to them several years later? Well, I do too and so does my Mom! I said, Mom, did you buy this in 2000 and forget to give it to me for seven years? Sure she did! Cracked me up!

No comments: