Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Too busy to blog?!?

Hard to believe that I could possible be too busy to blog, but alas...tis true! I'm gonna take a quick minute to cram in some pics from Stephanie's day in Chicago over the weekend, and tonight, I will get on the update from Halloween. Just wanted to share the all important message of "Don't Blink" with you today. Last night I picked Stephanie up from school at 9:00. One comes to realize how old their child is getting when practices at school last until 9...shouldn't she be in bed by 9? Oh...I guess that was a few years ago. I took my place in the passenger seat and asked her if she wanted to drive. "Sure!" (I mean, what else would she say?) She just began driving on roads other than the neighborhood roads yesterday and I thought I'd push my luck and have her drive at night too. Of course she did a wonderful job and I really wasn't scared at all. However, when we were coming down perryville, the song "Don't Blink" came on and the tears started to flow. Perhaps it's all catching up with me. Who knows, but I do know that my time at home with her seems so fleeting, and although she is very smart, it seems I still have so much left to teach her before she's on her own. She's 'too old' to trick or treat this year and instead will be taking my great nephew trick or treating. And then I think...this time next year I won't even have to pick her up...she'll be driving herself. You may find me in the fetal position next Oct. 26th. Good thing I have a year to prepare. "Don't Blink..." Steph at the American Girl Cafe for Brunch White Chocolate Mousse for Dessert! Stephanie and Devin @ Ed's
Stephanie and Devin at the Hershey Factory Stephanie picking out her hairstyle for Michelle

No comments: