Monday, October 15, 2007

Is this my daughter ?

So, my super responsible 9th grader, who never has late work and is more eternally organized than I ever dreamed of being, was surely crying last night at 10:00---yes 10:00 pm when I have to be up at 5, that she couldn't find her gym shirt and had I washed it? Washed it? No, Seen it? No, Know where it is now? No...that did not bode well for her. She laid in bed and told me in her very best whiny voice, but Mooooomm I'll get a 'no dress' without my shirt tomorrow. (I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it is evidently devastating) So, up she gets on the search for a shirt. Of course the little sister got blamed for 'losing' it because as you know, she is always cleaning and can't leave things where she finds them! {Mostly because she doesn't appreciate dirty gym shirts in a bag on the dining room floor!} So, the search began. Yes the shirt was found, in its bag, under, yes under the scrap booking desk. I mean were else would it be? So, I threw in a load at 10:15 pm, threw it in the dryer this morning at 5:00 am, and am once again Mom of the Year! Did I mention she didn't get her homework done? Crazy! (In her defense, she sits and does about 2 hours of algebra every night, none of which I can help her with, because in 9th grade she has passed me in my math knowledge.) We all have those moments and the great thing about Steph is, I know she'll take care of it. Because that is my daughter!

No comments: