Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Sweet 15, Stephanie Joy

Today, my first baby is 15. (Sarah, wait til they are 15!!!) We will rush to get a copy of her lost social security card today in hopes that she can get her driver's permit tomorrow! Stephanie has been such a joy her entire life...ok, maybe not her entire life :) 3 was a rough age for her, but that was such a long time ago that who can really remember the fact that she would never go to bed, would scream she hated me and pound her head on the wall if she didn't get her way? Stephanie? NO! That's what everyone that knew her would say. Well, she has more than made up for it since she has been the easiest child to parent perhaps in history! It has been a fabulous road, and the older she gets, the more I burst with pride at her accomplishments. Now that she is a freshman, and attending the same high school I attended, I am so excited to share with her all the terrific things that high school brings. I relish in the comments I receive from my friends, when they boast of her intelligence and responsibility, her willingness to help the less fortunate, and her integrity. Stephanie, you are my joy in every sense of the word and I love you with my whole heart. Mom

1 comment:

Sarah Doyle said...

oh, I must me emotional lately as this brought tears to my eyes. I feel the years fleeting and I can't believe she is driving!? Happy birthday Stephanie. You are a wonderful young woman and I too, am very proud of you:)come visit me when you're up for it!
love, Sarah