Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ye Olde Punkin Carving Tradition


We improved upon our timeliness this year and actually got the pumpkins carved the day before Halloween this year. (Am I the picture of organized or what?) {Everyone chuckles to themselves here!} With my sensory defensiveness, I cannot possibly clean out a pumpkin. OK, when my kids were little I used to do it with the enormous latex gloves on, but now, I have them! Perfect! Kristina and Stephanie gutted the pumpkins after I cut the hole in the tops. They drew on the faces and did their best carving without any injuries and without losing any fingers. Kristina has always wanted to buy the little tiny pumpkin gourds to go with our big pumpkins and this year we could actually afford the 79 cents each for the baby pumpkins. Perhaps her world is complete now! The best part of this year's display is the pumpkin light that Sarah & I got off ebay a few years ago. The shipping took forever and I believe they arrived after Halloween that year, and then of course I misplaced it for a few years, but the last time I found it, I put it on top of the fridge so I'd be ready this year! Lo and behold, there it was when I went to get it! It changes 7 different colors and flashes and there's no candle to worry about the house burning down...Here
are the girls' creations for this year...

No comments: