Sunday, November 4, 2007

Feeling so lucky today...



There are definite times of the year when I feel especially lucky to live in the Midwest. Today is one of them...no jacket required, warm enough to have the sunroof open and to feel the cool breeze. Every year this tree in our front yard never ceases to amaze me with its beautiful colors. I wondered if it would change this year with the weather being so warm. Up until last week, it was still totally green. As you can tell, it was worth the wait. This tree was the "standard" front yard tree installed when these houses were newly built. Fortunately they are beautiful and almost all of the houses around me have one in their front yard :)


This morning Kevin, Brennan and I went out to breakfast. Sadly, the girls are both vomiting today :( We dropped Brennan off at his Pokemon tournament and looked around at the ISC at all of the various types of war gaming going on. We were then off to Home Depot to stalk our new refrigerator. Kevin wants Stainless, I want bisque. Good news is bisque is cheaper, so I do believe I'll win, besides, the stainless is just ugly. Sorry all you stainless owners out there, it's just not my taste :) The true problem lies in the fact that we just replaced the stove, dishwasher, and microwave in bisque, so really why would we buy a stainless fridge? I don't know either. I think that today's refrigerators may cook the food for you if you asked it to. At least I hope so. There has to be some reason they cost $2000. It certainly can't cost that just to keep your food cold. For $3000 you can get LED lighting inside. Odd...looked like something from outer space. For $4000 a TV in the door. Do you just stand in front of the fridge to watch TV then? I guess I don't really understand that concept. I believe the $2000 will adequately chill our food, and with the french door design, I'll even be able to fit a frozen pizza in the freezer. What new found freedom that will be! So....envision this soon in my kitchen in bisque :D
After home depot, I was off to Sarah's upper case living party...what terrific things they have! For all of you AU readers, I will be having a window decal for purchase that says George Williams College School of Social Work available for purchase. I'll bring a sample to class next week. I'm also having a book party and will be stalking my friends for orders...I know you're all looking forward to that already, but really...it's the coolest stuff. Check out the link to the right at Upper Case Living to check out their really cool stuff. So, now I'm home and off to laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and homework....if my current migraine allows (2nd day of this one) It would be fine with me if it would leave soon. Got some new meds from the Dr., but they knock me out, so I need to get some required items done before taking that. At least it's bearable today. Hope you all had a great weekend....for my scrap club friends, I'll see you all Saturday at Sarah's....can't wait.

1 comment:

Candi Tardio said...

luv the pic's of your tree...so pretty :)
i will prob see u sat night!!