Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Walked out my front door this morning and rounded the garage where I found myself face to face with a coyote. Hmmmmm....good that he was more afraid of me, and took off. That scares me a lot for my pets. It's my second coyote sighting in the past week. Tonight I made some calls to my neighbors with small dogs. Brennan's Friend Aubrey lost their poodle to a coyote attack. I wish they'd go back to Rock Cut, but for some reason they continue to be more and more common in our residential areas. (I appreciate living by a state park, but could do without the coyotes...) Anyway, I recovered from the sighting and was on my at 4 AM to Kohls! The lines outside were 3 people wide, and down the strip mall. But man did they have great buys! Sarah's sister held our place in the Target line (Thanks Lindsey for freezing) while Sarah and I conquered the Kohl's! I got some great buys! There were no carts however so Sarah and I found ourselves stranded in the back of the store with so much stuff, we couldn't move. I went to the registers, waited and was finally able to score a bag to stuff the 20 throws we purchased as teacher gifts. Sarah pushed her new kitchen aid mixer along with her foot, stacked high with treasures, and I drug the bag, carried the coats, and two other top secret gifts!
The line wound through nearly the entire store. We waited about an hour and finally reached the checkouts. Whew! We were off to Target at 5:35 AM.. Got some GREAT buys there! All top secret of course! I believe guitar hero was the coveted gift from Target this year and the flat screen TV's they had. One could nearly be killed in the stampede if not careful! We left target and headed to Michael's, (Where Sarah picked up an extra ginger bread house for Kristina! You are her hero Sarah :) and she loves you so much. She is so tickled to be able to come (ear to ear grin when I told her) I went to Old Time Pottery, and got a cute tree for the front porch (Kristina set it up already and it IS too cute!) and tin luminaries with snowflake cutouts...then we needed a break at Panera before heading to the mall....Sarah and I each had our $10 cards to use at Bergners. When she first got there, she picked out this super cute vest for herself...
Sadly, the vest was abandoned in the boys department, after she decided to make some super cute purchases for some important young men in her life instead! Jacob and Jackson are so lucky to have her for a mom...(and she thinks she's the lucky one) After Bergners I hoped that maybe Hollister might have at least one thing on sale....oooohhh contra ire! Not one thing! Gotta love that store...We stopped at Yankee candle and used a buy one get one free coupon, so we each got a great big jar candle...yummm! Sarah got mango peach salsa, and I got Harvest....My house smells almost as good as Sarah's! Finally, I went to Aero where the entire store was 50% off (Hollister should take a lesson) but found I had to leave right away before the budget got blown! We stopped at Champs, and then headed home.

Oh, I should mention that at 4:30 Kristina called to report there was a man at the door...at 4:30 AM? What's wrong with that picture. It was Mike our mechanic who kindly came over to report the alarm company called him when they couldn't reach Kevin. Mostly what was wrong, is that some MORON crashed their car into the garage (Milo's) where Kevin's 1977 Nova is stored... Hmmmm...no comment. The person ran of course, but the police simply looked up the license plates, and it was insured good thing...don't know yet if the car was stolen or what, of course no insurance adjusters were available today, so my brothers David and Tim, helped Kevin secure the garage from further intrusion. Thanks guys for your help. I asked Kevin, are you praying for patience?!? Cuz if so....QUIT! It's gotta get better for him soon. I just know it.

Aside from the pains in the butt from owning a business, it was a very successful Black Friday. I didn't spend all of my money and my husband is still reeling in disbelief! We got out the lights for the house today and sadly many didn't work. We headed to Walmart for replacements and their yummy fried chicken, but when we got home it was too cold and dark to put up the lights. That will be tomorrows project. I still have two days off, and can hardly believe it! Tomorrow, the tree goes up, the lights go on, the presents get wrapped, and hopefully the laundry will get caught up. My niece and nephew want to come for game night tomorrow (More time for me with baby Aubrey:) and then Sunday...church, homework and a minute to catch up my case notes from my internship. It'll feel good to be caught up again. Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one!


PS...how many social workers does it take to change a light bulb?

Just one, but the light bulb has to really want to change :) :) :)

Have a great night!

No comments: