Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Again...

4:00 AM .... "Mom, I just threw up all over my bed." Of course you did, I said. Still in a fog, I invited her into bed with me to warm up. After a moment's thought, I thought to myself, what am I thinking?!?! I cannot be sick, and she CANNOT be in bed with me. The mommy guilt kicked in immediately and I let her sleep, snuggled her up, and rubbed her face. It was short lived however, as she was up pretty quickly for round two in the bathroom. Poor beeba. After round two, sanity kicked in. "Honey, I really need you to sleep in the guest room, so I don't get sick." She reported how cold it was in there....odd that it is about 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house due to no storm window. (Probably time to get that item on the to do list completed) I snuggled her up in two polar fleece blankets and a comforter. Before I could begin the school discussion... (This is the kid with perfect attendance you know....her only goal in life) Anyway, before I could begin the discussion, she sleepily lifted her head and said, "I'm going to school." Of course you are, said I, but they'll send you home when you puke. "Nope, I'm not going to be sick, I'm going to school." And I was off to work. You'll have to tune in later for the rest of the story.

No comments: