Monday, November 12, 2007

Where'd it go?

Where'd it go, seems to be the central theme to my weekends lately. They fly by in the blink of an eye. (poetry, just another one of my talents!) Where do I start? Friday night: school, Saturday: CPR, Kristina's first cheer leading, and scrap night. Kristina {my child} tells me that she doesn't like cheer leading at HCC because it's too hard.... What? Too Hard? Did my child say that? Oooohhh Contra ire! Of course I gave her the talk, that it is your first week, you'll do fine, you have videos and sheets to practice with, blah-di-blah. I don't think she was convinced, but time will tell. She want to try out for the junior high team so I told her that this would be good for her if it was challenging, and that she'd be more prepared for tryouts. Again...time will tell. Cheer leading was over at 3 and I had to be in Rockton for scrap night at 4. Oh, did I mention get my stuff together and stop at the scrap store and check my blogs before Rockton? Well, I did finally make it to Sarah's. It is always such a good time. I was sad that my friend Cheryl didn't make it, but all the rest of us did, and it was too fun. I got these at Hobby Lobby a few days earlier and couldn't wait to work on them. So, work I did, and then I made these...




Candi, Sarah, Anne, Stacie, Me, and Shannon were all there. We had such a good time, even though I almost peed myself on a few occasions, especially during our bad daddy conversations! I always look forward to these nights. I was especially grateful to my family who didn't invoke any guilt about me being gone yet again. I was grateful to have some much needed girl time. Sunday came and we moved on to family time....Breakfast at sunrise, picked up a light up rocking horse for my mother in law at Farm-n-fleet, dropped Brennan at Robin's nest for his tournaments, and then spent some time at my mil. I see her every day, but not for more than a few minutes, so it was nice to just hang out together for a bit. She had Robert and Ryan over so we lent a hand in their care. Ryan is cutting 4 molars and has the runny nose, vomiting, and diarrhea to prove it. Robert enjoyed play time with all of us and I even got him to take a nap. He is growing and changing every day. After that, it was off to Nipppon's with my brothers for our birthday celebration. We celebrated Aubrey, David, Stephanie and my birthday all within a month! The food was great and the company was even better. We planned out our holidays, since we won't be traveling this year. Thanksgiving at Donna's (was our original plan) but I think it'll have to be at my house for more space. Christmas Eve at my house. Can't wait! I will begin preparations this week...for our big holiday season. Friday night I started my Christmas shopping too....I got Robert done, and bought a present for my Mom. Better get my list made and get on the rest of that project!




Finally, as I mentioned earlier, I am so relieved to have secured my next internship. This morning on the way to work, the wheels were turning about new goals I can set, now that we will not be totally broke for 9 months. I do believe that moves me one step closer to putting an addition on our house! Oh, wait, I think I need a new car first. Anyway, also on the agenda this week is a revised long term goal plan, so...add that to that agenda. Stephanie has play practice every night this week, and the play is Thu and Fri. I'll have to go Thu, since I have school Friday. She is Ms. Birch in Miracle on 34th St. at HHS. Oh wait! It's after 7....the bowling results are posted...let me call her to see if she made it or not...no answer...drats! I'll have to post that later. Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Candi Tardio said...

had fun laughing and creating :)
glad to hear nippons was great!!! love that place!!!