Friday, November 23, 2007

Ready, Set...

I always wait with great anticipation for the holidays. This year, my Thanksgiving was going to be really simple...8 people, my family, my two brothers, and my mil. No need to have a perfect house, just a need to enjoy the day, and have a great meal. I had Robert spend his usual Wednesday night with us. He got his SMO's (inserts for his pronated feet, that hinders his gross motor development) on Wed, and then stayed over night. We played with cars, cars, and more cars...since that is his true love :)-- and then, I put these new jammies on him, without washing them of course. When he woke up in the morning, he was all red, blotchy and itchy. Poor guy, I didn't know he had "Kristina" skin, so I was off to the Walgreens for benadryl for him. A quick dose and a change of clothes and he was soon blotch free. He is growing and changing so much every day. He has many new words and he seems to be so thrilled at his new found communication! Thanksgiving morning, we awoke to a beautiful dusting of snow. My absolute favorite kind...not one flake on the roads, just enough to make everything pretty.
Nice work God! My husband was an especially big help today, especially when it came to irritating our son. The kids were so glad when Gramma finally came over so they could finally "tell" on him. They told her, make him behave Gramma! You're his mom! He doesn't listen to me! She said...ain't that the truth! He did a great job sporting Brennan's picachu hat!
The Goose donned her new Thanksgiving attire for the special day!
AND!!!! When my brother arrived, he connected up my new TIVO!!
Oh, Joy of Joys! I'll never miss another show again! With all the work well under way...we were just about ready for the big feast!

No comments: