Thursday, November 8, 2007

And the Winner was?

KENNY!!!! I know you are all so surprised...ok, not really. Entertainer of the year...and I didn't see his show this summer. It was the first time in say 7 or 8 years that I didn't hit the Kenny Concert this year. At the time good seats just weren't in the budget. Front row went for a little over $1000 this year and there was just no way...mostly cuz I'd have to get a divorce first! Kenny won twice last night: entertainer of the year and musical event of the year. If you have never seen a Kenny show, I'd encourage you to go and see why he is entertainer of the year. I have seen probably 25 country artists in concert and no show compares to Kenny. I am the first to say that vocally he is not the most talented person ever, but as an entertainer, he is the top, and his show is nothing but a good time. Carrie Underwood scored twice with female vocalist of the year and single of the year. She is terrific live also, and opened for Kenny two years ago. Sugarland, vocal duo, Rascal Flatts Vocal Group, Taylor Swift horizon award, (definitely the highlight of her senior year, she said!), George Strait song of the year and album of the year, and last but not least, Brad Paisley Male vocalist and video of the year. Brad is by FAR the most talented musician I have seen (perhaps he ties with Keith Urban) and I can't wait to see Brad, Rodney Adkins, and Taylor Swift next week in Rockford-- ought to be a great show, AND you know I'm stalking some great front row tickets on ebay :) I had to watch the CMA's last night and some Criminal Minds during the commercials to keep the peace with my husband. (It's odd that we own 6 TV's yet we MUST watch the same one.) But it was a great show! Had my little Robert over night last night, and he only woke me up once at 3 AM....I think his foot had a cramp or fell asleep or something, but he dozed right off, and so did I...on with Thursday...have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

once again I can't remeber my flippin blogger password.. always stops me from commenting!! anyway, what about Tim not even a nomination?? what are these people thinking?? Carrie was awesome and Sugarland.. even my husband was on ebay and other sites searching for some seats to their Peoria show coming up. Man, they were the best:) Sarah