Saturday, November 3, 2007

Grades

Gee, I almost missed a proud moment...I love that Harlem has family access. It allows me to log in to see my kids grades the day they're posted...no more waiting for report cards. So...Stephanie's grades looked like this... AP Writing Enrichment A, AP Intermediate Algebra B (89.7% which personally I call an A, but they call it a B :)). Choir B,PE A, AP Experimental Physical Science A. Really couldn't be prouder. She had college visits today at Upward Bound. If I had to choose today, I'd send her to Wesleyan. Looks like they have a great Pre physical therapy program there and also many minors available in the fine arts. Right up her alley but time will tell.

Kristina had her best report card ever...Conduct/Effort A, Reading A+, English A, Math A+, Spelling B (A GREAT accomplishment here), Science A+, Social Studies A+, Handwriting B+, Art B+, Music E, and PE S. In work habits and social development she got all E's :) which stands for excellent by the way. When I was in school we got E's where now kids get F's...She also had perfect attendance. That's my little mini me! Kristina wants to be a teacher when she grows up...no surprise there! Think what a cute classroom she'll have, and how lucky kids will be to have her for a teacher.

Brennan...well let's just say he's adjusting to middle school and has some work left to do. After his last conference I think we are all on the same page and I have seen marked improvement in his performance already. He passed 2 classes and failed 2, so I am looking for a much better report card next time. He has adjusted well to changing classes, having a locker, a new huge school, and getting himself on the bus on time. First things first for him:) Good that I love him in spite of himself. He's preparing for his pokemon prerelease tournament tomorrow and is seeking a career in game design or testing. Time will tell on that also.

No comments: