Friday, November 2, 2007

Guilty

Yesterday, I worked 6a til 8p. My daughter called to see when and if I was actually coming home. Guilt. My brother called to let me know he was broke and his cat had no food, could he borrow some? Guilt. My professor sent a 130 page assignment yesterday due today. I have no time to do it. Guilt. I cannot afford to sign my daughter up for bowling and my other daughter up for cheer leading, yet I am working 70 hours a week, every week with no end in sight. Guilt. I feel really tired, and dizzy, and weepy, I assume due to the schedule I am keeping. When I don't take care of myself...more guilt. Today, I have on a white sock and a grey sock...who knows what the kids are wearing. I hope it's clean. Guilt. My desk has 36 portfolios on it that have been sitting there waiting for me over two weeks. Guilt. The program teaches us to "screw guilt". Sometimes that is very hard. For me...most times that is very hard. Usually, I would say something to lighten the mood, perhaps crack a joke. Today....not so. Just a lot of guilt.

No comments: