Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yes, Virginia there really is a Santa Claus

Introducing...Stephanie Ruch as Mrs. Birch...Virginia's teacher :) Stephanie is performing in her first High School Production tonight and tomorrow in "Miracle on 34th Street" The play is at 7 at the Harlem High School Peterson Auditorium. Last night was parents night. What that means is that all of us crazy parents get to see the play in its entirety, with good seats to video tape it and then (here's the best part) we get to go up close to the stage and take terrific pictures of our kids :) I thought I might have a seizure from all the flashing lights last night :) Good to know I'm not the only parent that thinks I have the greatest kids in the whole world! I know my modesty regarding my kids overcomes you doesn't it?!?


Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day, of course which day in my life isn't? I met with my field placement coordinator at my internship at 11:00 -- had our staff meeting from 12 - 1:30, had a meeting at Circles at 2:00, picked Steph up at 4:15, ran to get hair nets baby wipes and pediasure for Robert, pay for Steph's contacts and Kristina's glasses (ouch! geez that's expensive :(, made Steph some gourmet spaghettio's, dropped her off at school, picked up some 'real' dinner for us at the grocery store, and went home to cook dinner. I played with Robert for a bit and gave him a haircut...he looks so cute, then I was off to Moto Photo to finally order family portraits from our outdoor photo shoot we had back in October. The pictures were so wonderful! The ones of my nieces all grown up, surely brought tears to my eyes. I won't say what I spent, but let's just say I got a wonderful collection of photos AND I ordered photo Christmas cards. In November?!? How unlike me! I am predicting a certain lack of time this year to make 'homemade' cards so I settled for the photo cards instead. Amazed? Me too! So, after I made my choices I was off to parent night, then after parent night...geez what the heck time is it? Only 9:15...plenty of time to run errands! Stopped at Target to buy ink for the printer, a shirt for Kristina that she told me last night she needed for when? Today of course, and I got Robert a super cute cars book set that teaches colors, opposites, numbers and shapes...too cute! Saw my good friend Jan at the Target, so nice to see her again...I was finally home and ready to collapse into bed. Stephanie had homework to finish, and Robert, Brennan, Kevin, and Kristina were all soundly sleeping. In just a few minutes....so was I!

1 comment:

3 kids & us said...

Good job, steph. Its all to fun that mrs. cane was my teacher for choir too.LOL