Friday, November 30, 2007

Sorry no pics today...

I have to hold true to my school work today which is SO far behind, it's just a bit unreasonable, so no pictures today. I promise to catch up the blog this weekend....don't want to get that 'bad blogger' rep :) Let me add however that we have no heat at home, so I couldn't picture myself running around snapping pics when mostly I had to stay covered up in bed to stay warm. (This after a 15 hour day...GRRRRRRR) My husband also re-sprained his ankle for about the 20th time yesterday, so he was even less pleased than I at the prospect of going downstairs to work on the furnace. Turns out it's the mother board....gee that sounds cheap doesn't it? {cough, cough} His foster brother is evidently fixing it today....along with the fan that Kevin broke while trying the famous fixing method of "let me pound on it to see if that helps" (I don't know what heating school recommends this method, but I personally do not!) Between catastrophe's at the shop and at home, I think we could give a handyman a full time job! Speaking of job...talked to my brother David yesterday who started his new job on Monday (remiss that it took me 4 days to check on him! Where does the time go?) He says all is well there and he likes it. So glad that he's working again...one item off my worry list :) Kristina's cheerleading practice was interesting last night. The coach is still introducing new cheers when their first game is Saturday. Hmmmm. I'll let you know how that goes. Finally, my Christmas party for COL is this weekend. We are having a Luau at a new locale this year. Sounds fun, and the planning was SO much easier. Many many photos will be posted of this big annual event. I got invited to the Children's Home and Aid Christmas Party also, but decided to forgo it since it is at a bar :( Seems many I know in the social work field are drinkers...everyone copes somehow I guess. I just choose not to cope that way. Sometimes I choose not to cope at all and just live in denial :) I gaining more clients at my internship and getting more busy which I really enjoy. I actually was a little bit behind yesterday, which for whatever sick reason is a comfortable spot for me. But I worked feverishly last night and am now all caught up! Today's goal...work feverishly on the blankety, blank school work to get caught up on that! Until next time...

No comments: