Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Guiness Book of Records has nothing on us!

So yesterday, my daughter scored a new record for the Guinness Book! It was 1:40 and I had just finished cooking a Thanksgiving meal for 250...no that's not a typo....when my youngest called me at work. "Mama? Are you coming to Turkey Bingo?" "I don't know" I replied, "When is it?" "It's at 2:15" "Ummmm....2:15....today....like in 35 minutes?" "Yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you." "Yeah, I guess you did...I'll have to ask Ms. Diane if it's ok, but she's on the phone right now." "I'll hold on" she said. "No, sometimes Ms. Diane is on the phone for a long time. If it's ok, I'll be there, and if not I won't." "Well, how will I know if you're coming?" "Honey, you'll know I'm coming when I show up!" Unhappily she hung up the phone. Now, when I was younger, there was no way my parents would accommodate a 35 minutes notice to meet the President. But, knowing this is my baby's last year in grade school, and the last turkey bingo ever (which includes the chance for me to win a fabulous prize, such as a 2 for 1 bowling pass!) I anxiously awaited my boss getting off the phone. "Ummmmm, would it be ok with you if I left at 2:00?" (It was now about 1:57) ;) Sure...she said and I was off. I surely arrived at school about 2:18....not too bad really. We played 4 or 5 games of bingo, and I sadly did not win a fabulous prize, or any prize at all. I was 1 of 2 parents there, and I am always proud to be in school with my terrific daughter. As I was leaving, Stephanie phoned to say she forgot her algebra book and could I give her a ride? So...dropped Kristina off, picked Steph up, ran to the high school to get her book, then to Chasi for a quick errand, then to the grocery store. I was so proud of myself that I bought my Thanksgiving meal, some odds and ends and two nights of dinner for less than $150!! I love the sales at the Hilander. I think I only forgot two things...celery and whipping cream. I didn't really forget the celery, I just refuse to pay $3.50 for celery hearts because they only have organic left. If it'll save me $2.50, give me those chemicals!! I had lots of helpers bringing in the groceries which was terrific, made some tasty dinner, did the dishes, looked at my Tivo directions...(which reminds me I must talk to Sarah about the phone connection part of Tivo...) and was off to bed to watch the day after the Rose ceremony. Can we talk for a moment about "Brad" and could he please find a therapist to help him with whatever his issue is because truly, EVERY time I watch that show, I swear I will never watch it again, because they ALWAYS pick the crazy one. Well this time, I was so happy because I liked both of the final ladies and which ever one he picked would have been ok with me, (although I really liked DeAnna the best) and lo and behold what does he do? HE PICKS NEITHER!!!! For sure! I am NEVER watching that show again...(at least not until next season!) Looking forward to the return of October Road next week....and looking forward to Thanksgiving...have a great Wednesday (or Friday if it's your last day of work this week!)

No comments: