Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Photo Update...

I loaned my camera out for a day, so I have to catch up with the 'photo update' today :) I proposed to my husband that I believe I am finally ready for the Nikon D80 SLR {insert WIDE grin here!!} At some point in the crazy next year I am determined to get that new camera AND to take a photography class to go with it! I started by proposing I give my camera to hubby's mom, since she needs one and has almost figured out how to use it! Sounded simple enough and he agreed! I love that! Anyway...here are the latest...Kristina's Graduation From DARE....(a 16 week drug education program offered in ours schools) In the photo...left to right...Mr. Ash (her 15 year old looking Math Teacher :), Mr. Freesmeier (Her 15 year old looking Homeroom Teacher-- Not 'Highly Qualified' According to Pres. Bush, but a great teacher and one of Kristina's favorites!) Officer Randy Jones (The DARE guy), Kristina, Gramma, Kevin (Daddy :)...And then there is this tree in my front yard... Just when I thought spring couldn't be any more beautiful! And finally, this cake that I whipped up for Brennan's birthday. Every year I buy him a fancy cake from the bakery and every year he says...I don't like cake. So this year (knowing that he likes homemade cake) I finally got smart and made him a plain jane cake at home. He loved it! He told me..."Hey Mom, this is the first year I ate my birthday cake!" Love that....still goes to show...it's the simple things that matter most. :)
Until next time...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

If Gramma "figure out how to use the camera" why aren't you on the pictures!
What do you mean with "not quite highly qualified according to pres.Bush?" He doesn't succeed to the exam to become teacher himself?
I've learned also that my children prefer the good home made cake than an elaborated one. Once again, Happy birthday, Brennan!